This course teaches you to develop your skills and knowledge of Enriched Air Nitrox (EANx) diving in a safe, progressive and controlled manner under the direct supervision of your ScotSAC Instructor.
The course will be limited to the use of nitrox mixtures with an oxygen content of up to 39% with the use of tables and calculations.
It contains elements of theory and demonstrations taught by qualified Instructors.
There is a charge of £75.00 for attendance at this course, £30 of which must be paid in advance.
Scope of the award
This award will cover:
• the safe use of these mixtures in conjunction with an air decompression table or air computer, to benefit from the extra safety margin which results from the reduced nitrogen content of the mixture
• the safe use of these mixtures with a nitrox computer or nitrox tables, to benefit from the extra dive time offered
• the safe use of the BSAC Nitrox Decompression Tables
• the advantages & disadvantages of nitrox diving.
The course consists of the following elements:
• candidates will sit a theory assessment which will be multiple-choice in format.
All candidates must satisfy the following prerequisites:
• hold current membership of the Scottish Sub-Aqua Club
• hold current medical certificate
• have completed the ScotSAC Sport Diver Award (minimum qualification required)
• have an understanding of Dalton’s Law of Partial pressures.
Dates are available from the Courses page in the members area.
If a course is not listed and you would like to register your interest, please contact Joe Campbell on firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone 07876496493