Update on upcoming training courses
The significant work to ensure courses are running to meet demand is bearing results with following courses taking place in Feb/Mar:
- Thursday 15th Feb – CWPS (Child Wellbeing and Protection in Sport)
- Sunday 25th Feb – Club Examiner Course
- Sunday 10th Mar – First Aid/Heartstart/Oxygen Administration Course
- Saturday 16th Mar – ScotSAC Nitrox Course
- Saturday 16th Mar / Sunday 17th Mar – Regional Instructor Course
Thank-you to all those involved in arranging and delivering these courses.
We hope the Christmas and New Year period was good to you and you are all ready to try out any shiny new kit Santa brought!
Please note that the updated membership fees as agreed at our AGM are now in operation and you can refer to them in the table on the Join Now page.
There is significant activity in progress getting courses scheduled to meet demand. The current plans are as follows:
- HeartStart / O2. Next course is 14th January 2024. Course is now full, but planning is underway for the next course (potentially mid February) – please register your interest on JustGo
- Deep Diving. Next course 13th / 14th January 2024. Course is now full, but planning is underway for the next course – please register your interest on JustGo
- CWPS course (essential if you instruct in a branch that has juniors). Next date 15th February 2024 (Virtual). Spaces available – please register your interest on JustGo. Branch CPOs will be given priority, however future courses will be scheduled to accommodate demand.
- Nitrox. Next Course 16th March 2024 in HQ. Spaces available – please register on JustGo if you want to attend.
- Regional Instructor. Date TBC but targeting mid/late March 2024. The course is now full, but please speak to your Regional Coach if you want to take your instructing contribution to this level.
- Branch Instructor. Next course TBC but targeting April – Spaces available. Please speak to your BDO and/or Regional Coach if you want to progress to become an instructor in your branch. You can then register your interest by joining the waitlist.
Note that in JustGo, when the course you wish to attend is full, you still have the option to join the waitlist for the course – that gets you into the queue for the next one or onto the scheduled one should a space become available. If you have any problems registering onto the waitlist, please contact HQ.
Christmas/New Year: Please note that the ScotSAC office will be closed from 22Dec to 7Jan inclusive. Urgent items can be addressed to the Chair or to the NDO by email as appropriate.
Reminder: Please be aware that there is only one postal collection per week from Caledonia House (on a Wednesday), so please allow for that when expecting qualification logbooks for new members of your branch. Once Kirsty has the logbook packaged up, it can take up to a week for it to actually leave the building.
Scottish Sub Aqua Club
Please note that our office at Caledonia House | 1 Redheughs Rigg | South Gyle Edinburgh | EH12 9DQ is open:
Monday and Thursday on 0131 625 4404
Also available by phone only on Tuesday on 07543 673 616
New Admin and Finance Officer
After much searching we are delighted to welcome Kirsty Carella as our new Admin Officer. Kirsty comes to us with lengthy experience in administrative roles in various settings.
She started work with us on 18th July 2022.
She will be working 21 hours per week, her working days are Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.