The new form is now available on the website. It has been amended to include questions about Cancer and Covic 19. Please supply additional information where requested.
Keep checking the Government Website for the latest information on Covic 19.
ScotSAC was represented today by our NDO at a Zoom meeting with EHT and other interested parties amidst rumours that the access road to 2 excellent dive sites was being closed.
Christine Bell, Business Manager for EHT, reassured everyone that EHT recognise the importance of dive tourism in the area and that the existing dive shore access road to Greens End Gully is being relocated a short distance. CB shared two options that are being explored to inform the planning application. Both options were well received by attendees.
She further confirmed that
- The development of the O&M base at Eyemouth will require the dive access road route to be modified and forms part of a new Masterplan for the harbour.
- The intention is to retain and relocate the dive access road.
- EHT intend to submit a planning application for the new access in late June and to carry out the work in the autumn of 2020.
- EHT is keen to engage with the diving community to understand usage and enable them to discuss the works as plans are progressed.
- The online survey was launched the previous evening and was receiving a strong response thanks to everyone for sharing and promoting. EHT were also working with Rosemary Lunn of The Underwater Marketing Company to develop and promote the survey.
Diver Survey - Shore Access Road Relocation at Eyemouth Harbour (Greens End Gully) - Please participate in the Survey08/06/2020
From Eyemouth Harbour Trust
Eyemouth Harbour Trust are reaching out to the diving community. Please assist by completing the survey, follow the link below:
For background: Eyemouth Harbour Trust intend to lease an area at Gunsgreen Basin to construct an operations and maintenance facility for an offshore windfarm. This will bring new employers into the town and we have had generally positive feedback so far following local consultation. The development will alter the layout of the area to the north of the basin. This will cover the current entry point to the dive shore access road, therefore realignment and embankment engineering are required. To clarify, the intention is to relocate the access route, not close it. Options for alternative routes are being considered with a view to submitting a planning application in the near future.
It would be helpful for us to understand the current usage of the shore access road to inform our plans. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey as we welcome your input.
In light of the Covid pandemic, the UKDMC have revised the medical form which we use.
This has just been released and is not yet on the website. In addition our medical referee has been on compassionate leave, but will be available for consultation if necessary from 1st July.
It would be advisable therefore to delay submitting your medical form until then especially if you have had or suspect you have had Covid 19.