ScotSAC will use and process information provided in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. The information you provide to us may be held on files, both paper and electronic. We will endeavour to keep your personal data safe and secure. Please note that by signing the application form you are giving explicit consent for the data collected about you to be recorded and used for those purposes. You also agree to abide by ScotSAC Child Protection Code of Conduct, as illustrated in the ScotSAC Child Protection Policy, (www.scotsac.com).
How information about you will be used:
Personal information which you supply to the ScotSAC may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to administer and manage your membership and related benefits including training and qualificationsto review, develop and improve the services and activities offered by us
- to provide you with details of forthcoming activities and events (as well as those of selected third parties (including our partner organisations and clubs)
- to research, develop and manage new and existing programmes and projects and to promote our sport
- to monitor the ScotSAC’s compliance with equal opportunities legislation and the Equity Standard For Sport and to promote and/or maintain equality of opportunity or treatment
- for statistical analysis.
Where your membership benefits include insurance, we may pass your personal information (which may include information about your health) to the insurer so that they can administer and manage your insurance‐ related benefits and any claims which you might make. Information provided by you may be put onto a register of claims and shared with other insurers to prevent fraudulent claims.
If you are a member of an affiliated club or a member of staff at an approved centre, we may share your personal information with the club/centre for the purposes set out above. We may pass also your personal information to ScotSAC committee officials so that they can contact you regarding your involvement in, and the development of, our sport. ScotSAC may also make your information available to those who provide products or services to the ScotSAC (such as database administrators). We will share aggregated and anonymised information about our members with certain other organisations, which may include sportscotland, the Scottish Government and Sports Coach UK for the purposes of supporting sports and policy development. This information will not identify you specifically.
We would also like to send you information about ScotSAC activities, events, tournaments and competitions as well as those of selected third parties (including ScotSAC Affiliated Clubs and our partner organisations) by e‐mail and SMS.
How to contact us
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the secrecy of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you, please write to us at ScotSAC, Caledonia House, 1 Redheughs Rigg, South Gyle, Edinburgh, EH12 9DQ.
By agreeing on this form you agree that ScotSAC may use and disclose your information for the purposes described above.